Canvas Steamer Backpack - Black
Designed, sourced and crafted in Great Britain using high quality, durable, water-resistant canvas and finished with our iconic design details. A capsule collection designed in a brand new cotton canvas material with functionality and practicality in mind. Our product team have worked hard to incorporate our signature design and iconic features into these new styles - they are instantly recognisable as The Cambridge Satchel Company products with the buckle closure on the Steamer Backpack and the card holder that is prominent on both styles. Perfect for carrying all your essentials and more, these are our most versatile bags yet.
- Composition: 100% Cotton
- Suitable for spot clean only
- Heavy-weight durable fabric, with water resistant qualities
- 100% Made in the UK
- Composition: 100% Full Grain Leather (not split leather)
- Suitable for spot clean only
- Recommend to use cream to prolong life of product
- Two press studs (one on each side) to adjust the volume of the main compartment
- Made in Great Britain
- Branded nickel hardware
- Top handle
- Adjustable straps on back
- Embossed logo on side
All measurements are approximate and can vary slightly as each bag is handmade from a natural material. Internal measurements are around about an inch smaller than the below listed measurements.
Bag Measurements (External)
|Depth||5" (12.5cm) at base|
|Recommended Weight of Contents||3Kg|
|Strap Length||40" (102cm)|
|Strap Width||1.67" (4cm)|
How To Care For Your Bag
Your Cambridge Satchel is made from 100% natural cow leather and is a hard wearing product that will last if cared for in the correct way. We recommend that you take the following measures to get the most out of your satchel:
- Please avoid using your satchel in heavy downpours. If the leather does get wet, please wipe off any water and allow it to dry naturally. Following this we would recommend that you apply a leather protection cream to help repel water and nourish the leather, however please remember to test any product on an unobtrusive section of your bag beforehand.
- Although leather is very durable, it is not indestructible. Exposure to extreme cold or heat and improper care or cleaning can crack and dry leather skin, remove finishes and colours.
- If left in direct sunlight there is a chance the colour of your satchel may fade.
- You may choose to care for your leather satchel as with other leather products using an appropriate protector. Please remember to test any product on an unobtrusive section of your bag beforehand.
- Your bag will age over time, please don’t panic as this is normal as it is a natural product. Ordinary Vaseline works well on minor scuffs and abrasions to buff your satchel.
- Please be aware that highly coloured dyes in the leather may transfer across to lighter clothing and vice-versa - we cannot accept responsibility when this occurs.
Special Care is recommended on the following products;
- Bridle Leather - The Bridle leather is soft and supple, with natural variations that will add character with age. Due to the natural characteristics of this leather, some colour transfer may occur. Therefore care should be taken when wearing against light coloured clothing. Exposure to rain and prolonged exposure to sunlight should be avoided. It is recommended that a Water Stop spray is used for added protection.
- Blazer Leather - The Blazer leather is soft and supple with natural variations and creasing that will wear and character with age. It is recommended that a Water Stop spray is used for added protection.
- Metallic Care - Due to the delicate nature of this metallic finish some surface finishing may be lost with time and abrasion. This cannot be re-applied. It is recommended that a suitable metallic protector is used for added protection.
We recommend the following care products from Collonil to assist in prolonging the life of your bag. These are all available to purchase in our stores (please note: this link will take you to our £ GBP website).
Cleans & cares for leather.
Cleans & softens the surface of the leather.
Revives and restores colours
Collonil Waterstop Spray
High grade waterproof protection spray for all leathers.
Waterproofs and prevents dirt penetration.
Contains UV filters to prevent colour fade.
Contains Olive oil as the active ingredient to waterproof & soften.
Highly effective waterproofing spray.
Suitable for all products made from leather, nubuck and suede.
Can also be used on textiles.
Solvent & propellant free.
Collonil Carbon Pro Spray
Extremely durable protection against dirt and wetness.
Optimal reliability of protection on all material surfaces.
Protection that works like a “spray-on membrane”.
Can be combined with all Collonil care products.
We recommend spraying from a distance of 30 cm and allow to dry.
|Rest of World||£20||$30||€25||¥200|
*We are working hard to get your bags to you but due to the busy Christmas period your order may take slight longer to get to you. Please allow an extra 2/3 working days for any orders places from 24th December.
It can take us up to three working days to personalise and pack your bag ready for despatch. To find out how long it will take to deliver your parcel once it has been despatched, please check out our delivery times and FAQs page.
We work our hardest to ensure your Cambridge Satchel is in your hands as soon as possible. This does mean that we are unable to make order amendments and address amendments. We are also unable to cancel your order once it has been placed, however you can return your parcel if it is unwanted. To find out how, please see our delivery and returns page.
Please note, we are unable to deliver to PO, MAIL, BFPO and APO Boxes.
For full delivery information, including tax and duties, returns information and delivery to Russia, please click here.